The benefits of Open Access publishing for researchers
Do you wonder what Open Access is and how you as a researcher can benefit from it? Come and learn more about the philosophy of Open Access and how you can increase citations to your publications. Other aspects of Open Access which will be addressed include: SUNScholar (the University’s digital research repository); Open Access journals in which you can publish; funding opportunities; Open Access repositories and the self-archiving of your research.
Target audience: Postgraduate students and researchers.
Participants will learn about:
- The philosophy and benefits of Open Access publishing
- SUNScholar (Stellenbosch University’s digital research repository)
- Finding Open Access journals in which to publish
- Open Access publishing procedures
- Open Access Fund
- How Open Access publishing can increase the citation rate of publications
- Self-archiving of your research
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- 12:30 - 14:00
- E-classroom (SU Library (central))
- Stellenbosch Campus