Introduction to the Library Online
Note: This is a basic orientation for new undergraduate and postgraduate students who did not attend the Newcomers induction session in the beginning of the year.
Participants will learn:
- To navigate the Library Website effectively
- What the library hours, terms for access and membership privileges entail
- Floor plan
- How to find information with the Library’s search engine
- Where to find help with your assignments
- Where/how to reach their faculty librarians as well as other tools for assistance
- Interdisciplinary academic databases such as Ebscohost as well as electronic journals and e-books
- Where to find conducive spaces to work and study
- Where to check out or renew books and find books that are not in the library
- Guides and workshops on essential research skills such as: avoiding plagiarism, complying with copyright, referencing techniques, and using Mendeley as a reference manager
- Monday, March 13, 2023
- 12:00 - 12:30
- Time Zone:
- Central Africa Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
An e-mail will be sent to all registered students with more information on how to gain access to the MS Teams webinar.