Tracking and enhancing your research footprint
This workshop focuses on bibliometrics for individual researchers, addressing a variety of resources for measuring author impact. Resources and tools include citation analysis using Scopus and Web of Science, the H-index, and Journal Citation Reports.
Additionally, the workshop will cover emerging ways to measure research impact including Google Scholar Citations and other altmetrics which provide information about the usage and impact of research through social media structures.
Issues relating to author visibility, author identity and profiling will also be addressed.
Target audience: Academic staff and researchers
Participants will learn to
- Create the citation reports in Scopus and Web of Science
- Calculate h-index
- Find and understand Journal Impact Factors (Journal Citation Reports)
- Create a profile in Google Scholar Citations
- Use various altmetrics such ImpactStory, Altmetric.com, Plum Analytics and CitedIn to demonstrate the influence of their research through social media structures
- Create unique author identities and profiles using ResearcherID and ORCID
Related LibGuide: Bibliometrics and citation analysis by Marié Roux
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018
- 11:00 - 13:00
- E-classroom (SU Library (central))
- Stellenbosch Campus