Copyright issues in theses and dissertation writing
This presentation provides an overview of the copyright issues which students typically encounter while working on their theses or dissertations. The following important aspects are addressed:
• What is copyright?
• Ownership of copyright
• Fair use
• Inclusion of third party content viz. previously published graphs, tables, photos, images, etc. in a thesis or dissertation
• Obtaining copyright permission
• Copyright perspectives and implications when publishing your thesis or dissertation
Masters and doctoral students
Ability to comply with copyright requirement while writing your thesis or dissertation.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 Show more dates
- 12:30 - 13:30
- E-classroom (SU Library (central))
- Stellenbosch Campus