Improving your literature search strategy (webinar) Online
Learn to improve your literature search strategy to get the best possible results when searching for information in databases.
This hands-on session follows on the introductory Library induction to resources, services and training available and provides practical tips and tools to better equip you for the research phase during which you will gather information from literature.
Participants will learn:
- Know what Boolean logic is.
- Know what a search strategy is, based on the principle of analysing the research topic and employing related terms and concepts in different ways by using Boolean logic.
- Know how to complete the search strategy worksheet.
- Ability to construct a building blocks search strategy
- How to use your building blocks search string in different databases or search engines
- How to construct a pearl growing or snowballing search strategy. (you need to have a good review article for this)
- How to find citation information.
An e-mail will be send to all registered students with more information on how to gain access to the MS Team webinar.
Related LibGuide: Find, access and use information effectively: a step-by-step guide by Jeremiah Pietersen
- Thursday, August 11, 2022
- 12:00 - 12:30
- Time Zone:
- Central Africa Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- All Welcoming program for new students
An e-mail will be sent to all registered students with more information on how to gain access to the MS Teams webinar.