Enhancing the visibility of your research output through self-archiving (Webinar) Online
Stellenbosch University’s institutional policy on the self-archiving of research output is curated by the Library and Information Service. Complying with this policy, which asks researchers to deposit copies of their research output in SUNScholar, our institutional repository, can greatly increase the visibility and impact of research output. This workshop will teach participants more about the policy and how to comply with the policy in order to improve access to and visibility of their research outputs.
- Understand the purpose of the University’s policy on the self-archiving of research output
- Learn about the benefits of self-archiving as a means of green open access
- Better understand publishers’ policies regarding self-archiving
- Learn about the different versions of research output suitable for self-archiving
- Learn about the different options of self-archiving research output
- Learn how to self-archive your own article to SUNScholar, our institutional repository (hands-on)
Target audience: Academic staff and researchers
Note to participants: A hands-on session will be included that will allow authors the opportunity to upload their own published articles.
During this session authors will need the following data before self-submitting their published articles: article in PDF format, name of the journal, name of the publisher, URL of the article, volume, issue and date of publication.
Authors must please request submission rights for SUNScholar, two days before this session begin. Requests can be sent to email@example.com along with the name of the department.
Target audience: Postgraduate students, postdocs and emerging researchers.
- Thursday, September 22, 2022
- 11:00 - 12:30
- Time Zone:
- Central Africa Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Postgraduates and Researchers